Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reality is not defined by what we think it is. True or false? Why?

If I understood what this question meant, I'm sure I'd give you the best answer.


Since I don't know, I'll say true. Nothing is what it seems.Reality is not defined by what we think it is. True or false? Why?
Reality defines itself. What we think it is has no effect on it. Believing that the world is flat does not make it so. If we start calling blue ';red';, it doesn't change its wavelength, its speed, or any of its other properties. We've only changed what we call it.

Report Abuse


Reality is not defined by what we think it is. True or false? Why?
My reality is based on my experiences.


My experiences are based on my reality.


My point of reference to what is experienced through my reality is sometimes just the booze talking when I have a good buzz on! I am


The Reality Whisperer!
True, because what is reality? That is the true question we need to ask. In fact what defines reality? Maybe this life isn't even reality.
true. We can't define reality unless we know it. Do we know reality? We know what our reality is.
Reality is defined to a degree by what we think it is. There is no denying that I am a male who lives in Texas. It does not matter what I think of that in the immediate sense. If I decide that it is a terrible thing, unbearable, to live in Texas, reality may change based on what I thought in the form of me moving to Canada. If I decide that going to college is a good thing, I will be more inclined to go. If I think that life is terrible, horrible, I may end my life today, affecting many deeply, while it may be that I was depressed. If I think it is great, I will be cheerful and become the friends of others. It is more accurate to say that what we think is a part of reality. The thoughts of people exist, they determine their actions, and the actions of humans shape the world.
depends on how you define ';defined.';
False. Reality IS defined by what we think it is. Each of our realities is unique to us.
we define what reality is, although matter does exist outside of human consciousness, however it is greatly influenced by how we perceive it, for example a red light, is it really just energy behaving in a certain wavelength. But if your talking about truths, each person's truth is different, I may know that the god exists but you know it doesn't, so it's impossible to define truth, in a philosophical sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment